We all have one – a bucket list. Maybe you have more than one. Mine is mostly made up with travel destinations so it made sense to have a page for my travel bucket list and hopefully I will be able to mark these off in the coming years. I will most likely be adding to it over the coming years too! But then again, that’s what lists are for.
This list is in no particular order:
- Go to Petra, Jordan – I mean have you seen Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?!?
Go to London
- Go to Malta – this is because my dad was stationed around here during WWII and I feel the need to visit
Go to NYC
- Stand at the top of the Empire State Building on my birthday
- Walk across Brooklyn Bridge
Have Thanksgiving in America
- Travel across Canada by train
See the canals of Amsterdam
- See Victoria Falls
Visit Canterbury, England
- Northern Lights Cruise in Norway – plus Bergen to Oslo train journey
Visit Brighton, England Visit Nyhavn in Copenhagen Visit Christchurch, England
- Go to the places my ancestors are from – I have been to Clyst St George in Devon, UK where my fathers family originates from..
See the Edinburgh Tattoo Go to a rugby game at Twickenham– bonus is that I did this on my birthday in 2010 – AB’s v England.. freaking awesome!!! Go on the Weka Pass Railway See London from above – ie The Eye, Shard or Sky Garden See a glacier
- See Autumn/Fall in New England, USA
See the Forth Rail Bridge in Edinburgh in person Visit Leeds Castle
- Drive around New Zealand – getting there slowly
- Do a NZ cruise
- Stay at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise with a lake view
- Visit Milford Sound
- See the Pyramids
Visit Bruges– ever since I saw In Bruges with Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson I’ve wanted to visit this city Go to Lyme Park in England– setting for Mr Darcy’s Pemerbley
- Go on Safari
- Drive across the US
Visit Kronborg Castle in Denmark
- Take a ride on the Jacobite Steam Train in Scotland
Go to York and visit York Minster– this is because my dad use to bounce me on his knee when I was little and sing “The Grand Old Duke of York”. Ever since I have wanted to visit York!
- Visit Luxembourg – not sure why but I have always wanted to go here
- Go to Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany – well just because!
See the birth place of William Shakespeare at Stratford-upon-Avon– update 2017, I went to Stratford-upon-Avon however it was pouring with rain the day I went and I left my umbrella at the accommodation 30 miles away. Didn’t really get to see much of the town
- Go to Antarctica
Go to Germany
- Have NYE in London
Drive across Tower Bridge in London