Hi, my name is Sarah and I am a terrible blogger!
I have just worked out that it has been exactly 6 months since my last blog post.
Now don’t go thinking that this is going to be some kind of earth-shattering, mind-blowing post about me being in the depths of the Amazon jungle with no internet & “finding myself” and that’s the only reason why I have blogged.
Nope.. it’s because I’ve been feckin lazy and just couldn’t be bothered. Also, I honestly have no idea what to do with this thing anymore.
Don’t get me wrong, I am still travelling and taking photos everywhere I go. Since I last wrote I have been home to Christchurch for my mum’s birthday and we took my great, great niece over with us and had a bit of a family reunion. Plus I had an awesome two weeks in Vancouver, Portland and Seattle in November. Both trips are blog post worthy.. but today is not the day for that.
I had been thinking about the direction of this blog for a while before I stopped writing all together and I haven’t really come up with a solution yet. My niece googled “blog post’ ideas for some inspiration for me and came up with some doozies, including:
- Give a rant about something – honestly there are lots of things I could rant about. My current pet hate is people not freaking indicating when changing lanes!
- If you could go anywhere in the world with anyone, where would you go and why. Also why did you choose that person? – this is a really interesting one and I think I will have to do it at some stage
- If you could invite 3 people to diner, who would you invite and why? What would you talk about? – well every time I think about this question one person on my list each time is Shakespeare & I would basically talk to him about Hamlet all night.
- If you could witness an event in History, which would you choose and why? – this is a really interesting one. I mean there are so many events I would have liked to have witnessed for so many different reasons. It should would make a good blog post though.
- And of course the good old If you knew you were going to die on Friday and today was Monday, what would you do?
So yeah, there are a few things I could blog about that isn’t just travel based. I have been trying to wrap my head around this not being a blog about just travel since that was the whole reason I started it in the first place but I guess it is time to branch out.
So I guess.. watch this space – hopefully it won’t be another 6 months before I write again! It is on my list of goals this year to regularly blog – whether that is once a week, fortnight or month regular I haven’t decided yet but it is still a goal for 2020.
And because it wouldn’t be a blog post of mine without a photo of mine.. here is one of my favourites from my trip in November. I had gone on a half day trip to Columbia River Gorge and we had stopped at Multnomah Falls for this pretty spectacular view. Definitely a highlight of that trip!