And now for something completely different – I’ve decided that this month I am going to do a bit of a writing challenge – something that is not necessarily related to travel…
I found this challenge over at author, Belinda Missen’s website and thought it sounded like something fun and, for me, out of the box. It will mean revealing a lot more of myself than just talking travel would so here it goes:
Day 1: Ten Things That Make You Happy:
- Travel – I mean come on! I had to include it on the list.
- London – whenever I know I’m going to London I just feel happier all of a sudden.
- Final approach to Christchurch – it means I’m home.
- Sunflowers – they just make me smile.
- The weekend – knowing that I don’t have to go near or think about work is always a happy day.
- Finally passing a Candy Crush Soda level that I’ve been stuck on for days! – it’s the little things 🙂
- Rainy days – as long as I don’t have to go anywhere of course.
- Taking photos – I like to think I’m ok at it but I enjoy taking photos nonetheless.
- Children’s laughter – a bit cliché?
- My family – I mean I wouldn’t be where I am today without them but any time spent with my family is a good time (even that one time there was an earthquake that ruined my mum’s 80th birthday – we still made the most of it!)
So there you have it. Did you learn something about me? Did I learn something about myself?