So.. something pretty exciting just happened to me. I was nominated for a Sunshine Blogger award. This is my first blogger award nomination and I’m pretty darn excited about it.
From reading up about the Sunshine Blogger Award, it is given to “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere” – I’m sure my friends & family might have something to say about that haha.
So thank you to Meet Me In Nevada for the nomination, I really appreciate it 🙂 I’ve just started following this blog and I already love it. This is a woman who has moved from Kansas to Las Vegas and talks about her experiences in this new world she has found herself in.
Here are The Rules:
- Thank the person that nominated you
- Answer the questions from your nominator
- Nominate fellow bloggers you follow.
- Give them 10 questions to answer.
My Questions From Meet Me In Nevada:
- What is a bad habit of yours?
I think I have a lot of bad habits but I think one of my worst would be laziness. Sometimes I just don’t wanna do stuff!
- What was the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
When I fell over in front of the band American Authors & about 70 other people. My niece & the security guard just stood there laughing as I lay on the floor in an embarrassed heap.
- If you knew you would never die, what would you do with your time?
I’d like to say I’d do all those things I’ve always wanted to do, visit friends & family etc but in reality I’d probably sit in my room, crying & feeling sorry for myself.
- What do you hope for the future?
That I am financially comfortable & I still able to travel.
- What is your favorite movie quote?
“Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” Rhett Butler, Gone With The Wind – classic & still relevant after all these years!
- What advice would you give your 15-year-old self?
This is hard actually. I’d love to be able to say ‘save money, move to England in your 20’s & see the world’ but if I did that then I wouldn’t have met the people I have in my life now.
- What is your dream vacation (real or imaginary)?
Having been to a few places now, I can catergorically say that my dream vacation would be spending a few months travelling around England or go to outer space!
- What is something that makes you happy?
- What is a guilty pleasure that you occasionally indulge?
Binge watching TV shows – ok not so much an ‘occasional guilty pleasure’ though 🙂
- If there was something in the world you could change, what would it be?
Abolish all wars – the stupidity of people fighting over essentially the same thing. We obviously don’t learn from history.
Life With Jess – Jess has some of the funniest blog posts I’ve read. She is real, honest & isn’t afraid to show it.
The Red Phone Box Travels – I found Tanja’s blog through a mutual love of London. It’s nice to know there is someone else out there as crazy about London as I am 🙂
Questions For The Nominees
- If you could have dinner with someone dead or alive, who would it be?
- What is one thing you can’t live without?
- What is your favourite season and why?
- Do you have any party tricks?
- What is your favourite thing about yourself?
- Who do you look up to the most and why?
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
- Favourite pizza topping?
- Train, car, ship or plane travel? Which one do you prefer?
- What advice would you give your 15 yr old self?
“Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson