So often we talk about what we want to do and where we want to be that we can forget where we have come from. We can forget about all those amazing things we’ve done and seen.
And on that note ladies & gentlemen, here is my Reverse Bucket List:
- Moved to another country
- Been to 4 out of 7 continents
- Visited the Queen – ok so she wasn’t home but her house is lovely
- Got a tattoo – or seven, including the words ‘Carpe Diem’ on my wrist; the Silver Fern on my shoulder & a butterfly for my dad.
- On that note, been tattooed in three different countries – Australia, New Zealand & England
- Stood at the top of a mountain
- Been to NYC
- Been to the bottom of the South Island of New Zealand
- Was at the birth of my nephew
- Fell over in front of my favourite band – probably not something I had on my actual bucket list to do but now I look back on it, it was bloody funny
- Been in a cockpit of a plane while in flight – I was like 8 or something but I still remember it well
- Flown in Business Class – it was very nice & I hated going back to Economy Class after that!
- Met a famous person or two – ok maybe met a few famous people
- Have flown somewhere for a play, concert and rugby game
- Won a couple of awards at work
- Been to London – 3 times
- Been to the southern most capital in the world – that would be Wellington, NZ
- Seen the Statue of Liberty; been to the Lincoln Memorial & Pearl Harbor
- Sang ‘The Grand Old Duke of York’ at my dad’s funeral – again not something I would have wanted on my bucket list but it seemed apt at the time
- Been featured in a photography exhibition
- Held a koala & an owl
- Started a blog – yes, this thing you’re reading right now 🙂
- Been on a couple of cruises – not my favourite way to travel but I’ve still done it
- Crossed things off my actual bucket list
Do you have a Reserve Bucket List? Perhaps you should.. it’s cool to think of all the things we want to do but it’s so much more fun to remember all the things we have done and celebrate those awesome things.